Saturday, February 7, 2009

Snacking 101: Hummus

Time to use that ever handy food processor. I have one that's slightly large, with a whole bunch of extra parts that I don't know how to use, but any food processor will do. The easiest thing you can make with your food processor is hummus:

Makes 6-8 cups of hummus
2 15.5 oz cans of chick peas (drained)
2 garlic cloves

1 teaspoon of lemon juice (the squeeze bottle kind or fresh, whatever)
3-4 tablespoons of olive oil (enough to cover 1/3 of the peas with oil)
Salt to taste

Note that I did not add tahini. The taste isn't for me, AND it's expensive. Anyway:
Throw the garlic in the food processor, followed by the chick peas:



Add the oil, lemon juice, and salt. Turn on said food processor until it looks like this:

That's it. You have hummus. I served mine with the homemade tortilla chips and olives, and made a monster:






No comments:

Post a Comment